In April of 2012, The Friends of Bobby Jones Golf Course partnered with Bobby Jones Golf Course on several spring cleaning projects:
- Power washing the Clubhouse exterior was completed by a private contractor
- BJGC staff removed brush and small trees from the hillside area between the Clubhouse and the parking area
As with many things, collaboration is the key. Our thanks to:
- the BJGC team for a job well done
- Park Pride for awarding the $1,000 grant
- the American Golf Ambassadors' award of $700 to FOBJGC from their 2011 Scrambassador tournament
A special acknowledgement goes to Gunnison Tree Service for donating $1,510 in services to remove the brush from the parking lot.
Thanks to the project managers, Tim Toler and Tony Smith, and Assistant General Manager, Cal Williams, for getting this completed by the April 30 deadline.